Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

Hola everyone!



Happy belated Thanksgiving!!!  I've been so busy getting ready for Thanksgiving, that I've had no time to sit on the computer at all!  This year, for the first time, Thanksgiving was at my house, and I wanted everything to be perfect.  

I gave thanks for all the wonderful things that have happened this past year, as well as for another holiday to spend with my family.  Yes, I kicked cancer's butt, and I am thankful, grateful and humbled.

I have so much to share with you!!!  Let's start with some of the decorations I used for this special day.  

thanksgiving centerpiece idea

I decided to place some sunflowers as centerpieces, along with some vases filled with corn and candles.  I got the inspiration for the corn filled wine glasses from the Pinterest board of Amanda Jane Brown.  I must confess I really don't like to decorate with food, but I figured that popcorn kernels were safe, as we can later just pop and eat them.  (And we did last night...)  

I had no small vases for the flowers, so I improvised by using some cleaned out Tostito's jars which I covered in jute.  Great way to recycle those!  

recycling tostitos jar

I also had flower bouquets and candles all over the house, which gave an intimate and relaxing atmosphere to the place.  The sunflowers I then gave away to my mother, my mother in law, my husband's aunt and a long time family friend that also joined us for Thanksgiving. 

And here I am with the turkey!  Yes, I made it all by myself!

thanksgiving
Me and my turkey!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year.  Remember to give thanks each and every day, for everything is a gift: life, love, family... Everyday is Thanksgiving Day.

Peace and healthy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment